Wednesday, March 8, 2017

NATION: Feminists - Life is Tougher in Almost Every Way for Men!

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

Men have it worse than women in every measurable way. Go ahead: Call me a sexist. Call me a mysogenist. Call me whatever you want - I don't care anymore. I'd say its not true, and give reasons, but you've already made up your mind. There's an interesting web site called Real Sexism that you can see by clicking here. I posted an article on this web site several years ago, then inexplicably deleted it, but never again. I'll try to make my point, starting with the most important points first.

LIFE EXPECTANCY: To see a table with the history of life expectancy in the United States, please click here. Worldwide, women live 7.3% longer than men (68 years 6 months for men vs. 73 years 6 months for women), or 5 years longer. In America, in 2000, women lived 7.3% longer than men, while in 2012, they gap narrowed to 6.4% longer.

HORRIBLE DEATH: Certainly, we all value life. In every meaningful statistic, men die horrible deaths at a far higher rate than women. Men are make up 97% of combat fatalities and 81% of total war deaths. Men make 94% of work suicides and 80% of all suicides (not just at work). Men make up 93% of work fatalities, and 77% of homicide victims are men.

GENDER PAY GAP DEBUNKED: Somehow, this obvious falsehood is still perpetuated as true. You've heard it before and it goes something like this: for every dollar men earn, women earn 77¢ or some such number. Not even close. The real pay gap, when taking all factors into account, barely exists: study have shown it to be about 3 to 8¢ - a far cry from the oft-quoted 23¢ gap. 

However, the best proof yet is this: if this gap of 23% were real, I would immediately start a company and hire only women, and have a dramatic 23% marginal wage cost benefit over all my competitors. In many industries, the entire corporate profit margin is far smaller than 23%! If I did this, I would have an incredible money-making machine! Yet I haven't done this - why not? Because the gap doesn't really exist. Put another way: suppose I ran a gas station, and could buy my fuel for 23% less than my competitors. Actually, at most gas stations, the gas business operates at a loss, and all the profit is made at the so-called "C-Stores" (Convenience Stores). If I could do this, I would absolutely SLAM all my competition and put them out of business in the blink of an eye.

Let's suppose this 23% gap does exist. Surely female employers are not responsible for this, are they? Let's look at Hillary and the Clinton Foundation during the last presidential election. Surely, this is a bastion of equal pay by gender? Not even close. The men on her staff earned a whopping $81,000 more (on average) than the women! Don't believe me - read it here. Even more, the Foundation employed far more men than women. This must be an anomaly. What about our President of the last 8 years - Barack Obama? Surely, our first black president, having felt the burn of discrimination based on race all his life, would not extend the gender discrimination pay gap? Well, if you guessed he did better than Secretary Clinton, you would be wrong. Read about it by clicking here. This gap on President Obama's staff persisted at different (high) levels throughout his entire administration. But hey - who cares? Hillary and Barack's heart is in the right place, correct? That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment